AGP video card

I have a 2 part question really.  First I ran the xbase-configure util.
and got someparts of my xserver working correctly BUT the display isn't
right.  Now when i kill X and get to prompt and type xbase-configure
it does nothing.  I want to change my video card and monitor settings
and don't know how to without this util. Can anyone help me?

Part 2.

I have a Fire GL 1000 , or also called Diamond Permidia 2 8MB AGP 2d/3d
combo video card.  I didn't see this in the list of video cards to select.
Could someone please help me in setting up the correct server options for
this.

Urgency is the most important issue here I am at my wits end.  Send Help(tm)

 Sincerly Yours,                                Joel Keating
                                                keatingjp17@uwwvax.uww.edu