Re: AGP video card

Brian Weiss <fudd@brian.got.net> writes:

> On Tue, 28 Jul 1998 keatingjp17@uwwvax.uww.edu wrote:
>
> > I have a Fire GL 1000 , or also called Diamond Permidia 2 8MB AGP 2d/3d
> > combo video card.  I didn't see this in the list of video cards to select.
> > Could someone please help me in setting up the correct server options for
> > this.

[ Get suse´s server ]

> One thing they don't tell you though that you have to do under
> Debian is delete the 'X' bin that should be in /usr/X11R6/bin and then
> just link the Elsa_GLoria bin (XSuSE_Elsa_GLoria I believe) to 'X'. If you
> have any other problems after doing this feel free to mail me.

How could they tell you that??? The X provided in /usr/X11R6/bin is
a script which checks for some security issues (are you allowed to run
the X server? e.g.) and finally calls the Server mentioned in
/etc/X11/Xserver. The Debian Way(tm) is leave /usr/X11R6/bin alone and
edit /etx/X11/Xserver.

Grimaldi
---
         Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de           grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37

Everthing works only as good, as it is expected to.
        --- Stephen Chu on why his lasercooling apparatus only
            cooled to some millikelvins and not to some nanokelvins
            (as later by theorists was demonstrated possible)