Re: AGP video card

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998 keatingjp17@uwwvax.uww.edu wrote:

> I have a 2 part question really.  First I ran the xbase-configure util.
> and got someparts of my xserver working correctly BUT the display isn't
> right.  Now when i kill X and get to prompt and type xbase-configure
> it does nothing.  I want to change my video card and monitor settings
> and don't know how to without this util. Can anyone help me?
>
> Part 2.
>
> I have a Fire GL 1000 , or also called Diamond Permidia 2 8MB AGP 2d/3d
> combo video card.  I didn't see this in the list of video cards to select.
> Could someone please help me in setting up the correct server options for
> this.
>
> Urgency is the most important issue here I am at my wits end.  Send Help(tm)

>  Sincerly Yours,                                Joel Keating
>                                                 keatingjp17@uwwvax.uww.edu

I too have that exact video card. It's a great card but it does require a
special X server. You need S.u.S.E's Elsa_GLoria server. You can acquire
this at http://www.suse.com/. Just follow the links to their X page and to
their Elsa_GLoria card. Installation instructions are also given on the
page. One thing they don't tell you though that you have to do under
Debian is delete the 'X' bin that should be in /usr/X11R6/bin and then
just link the Elsa_GLoria bin (XSuSE_Elsa_GLoria I believe) to 'X'. If you
have any other problems after doing this feel free to mail me.

Brian

  |-[  "If it's too big... don't eat it"  ]-|
  |-[ Brian Weiss -- System Administrator ]-|
  |-[      http://www.got.net/~brian      ]-|