Re: I give UP

On Tue, Jul 28, 1998 at 06:01:05PM -0400, Paul Sellers wrote:
> All I wanted was info on installilng Linus on a Win95 system. A search on
> "Win95" got 18 hits, none of which (summary) mentioned Win95.
> Most everything I clicked off the main page didn't load (quickly).

What exactly is your problem?

You need two or more spare partitions (create one with partitionmagic or FIPS if
needed), a small one for swap and one or more bigger ones.

Then install Linux (and ignore that you have Win95 installed). Don't install
LILO for now, but use a boot disk. This should get you started.

You can install LILO for multi-boot later.

Please come back to this list with any specific questions you have.
Also read the installation instructions on the debian web page, they are not
too long.

Marcus