Re: Lan Tcp/ip Question

On Mon, Jul 20, 1998 at 10:35:43AM -0500, Tomt wrote:
> At 10:02 PM 7/20/1998 -0400, you wrote:
> I have no gateway defined on either machine do I need one?

route add -net...eth0 is sufficient to tell the Debian box to look
for any machine on your local network through eth0.  You also need some
kinda routing info on the NT machine.  Unless both machines can find each
other, ping (other than self ping) wont get back to the originating
machine.  Try setting the Debian machine's address as   gateway on the
NT box.

> Don't I need samba to access the NT machine?

If your needs dont extend past transfering files, no.

Mike