Re: Lan Tcp/ip Question

Hi...

Smbclient or a smbfs package is needed to access SMB shares/file shares
(respectively) on the NT machine from the UNIX machine. (unless you write
your own clients, of course) Smbclient is included in the samba package.

If what you're trying to do is set up a LAN to connect to the internet
with only a single IP address, then set up IP Masquerading on the Debian
machine and just set the NT machine to use the Debian machine as a
gateway. Same goes for pretty much anything else.

Alex