Re: Lan Tcp/ip Question

I have a Debian<-->NTsp3 network working.  I am certianly no expert, but
I will be glad to work with you on this.

I assume you have tcp/ip installed on the NT machine.  It doesnt come that
way out of the box.  I think you have to install tcp/ip to even assign an ip
address.  Make sure you reran SP3 after installing tcp/ip from the NT cd.

My Debian box is set up with route add -net, no gateway, the same as yours.
The NT box has the Debian box's address in as a gateway, but I dont know
if that makes any difference.

Somebody told me that NT quits listening after not hearing any traffic for
a while.  Try rebooting the NT box after setting the route on the Debian
box.

You dont need samba just to transfer files or print, if the Debian box is
hosting the printer.  NT does ftp out of the box (assuming you can get
the network up of course).  NT can print to a Debian box using the "lpr"
method.

Mike