sendmail configuration

Hi debian users:

I have a problem with my sendmail configuration which I don't
understand.

1. I can send email to any address (local and non-local)
2. I can receive _local_ email, but
3. I can _not_ receive mail from outside my domain (agr.kuleuven.ac.be)
that was sent from an outside computer to my local address.

The sendmail daemon  doesn't say anything about having redirected or
deferred email messages from outside, nor do I get a message on the
remote machine from where I sent the test message telling me that my
message was not delivered. I am sure my machine is on the name server
and email has worked under Red Hat 5.1. I just installed Debian 2.0
(very good!) and don't understand what's going on.

Has anyone seen this mail problem before?

Thanks in advance.

Hans
--
  Hans Stigter, PhD          Hans.Stigter@agr.kuleuven.ac.be