Re: Debian 2.0. Bind 8 works but causes dials for local domain names FIXED

I have found the error in my config files which caused the dialups. I had
the NS line as

local. IN SOA gate hostmaster.local. (
   1998070408
   3600
   900
   1209600
   43200 )
@  IN NS gate.

which should have read

local. IN SOA gate hostmaster.local. (
   1998070408
   3600
   900
   1209600
   43200 )
@  IN NS gate.local.

having made this change there are now no dns lookups to the Internet for
local domains

Thanks to everyone who replied

Steve Ball