Re: 8 GB limit on cfdisk?

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Mark H. Mabry wrote:

[ snip ]
: Only thing I can think of is to manually tell fdisk what my settings
: are.  Any comments?

This may very well be necessary - I had to do it when I set up a 45G
RAID0 array.  No big deal, grab a calculator and fire up fdisk, go into
expert mode, and change things to where they need to be.

The kernle couldn't figure out my RAID geomentry til I explained it.
Since it's by impression that very large EIDE disks are a bit of a
"hack", they kernel may well be confused by those too.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104