Re: 8 GB limit on cfdisk?

"Mark H. Mabry" wrote:

>           Even though my BIOS is using LBA, and the kernel sees all
> 9.6 GB of my disk, the fdisk and cfdisk seem to use the C/H/S
> settings.

I could be wrong about this; I'm no expert.

I have a PD-CD drive, and early Linux drivers would detect and use it (I
could mount it and read/write), but fdisk couldn't handle it (to change
partitions for example).  The fix was to pass the gemeotry as a boot
parameter.  I added this to lilo.conf:

append="hdc=634,64,32"
#append="hdc=cylinders,heads,sectors"

(For device /dev/hdc obviously)

Maybe this would help?
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada