Re: Mysterious frequent crashes at the same interval on three machines.

On 16 Jun 98 18:19:20 GMT, autumn@netron.com (Autumn) wrote:

>I've tried throwing up my hands in frustration, but so far it hasn't
>helped.

Hmm.  Have you tried tapping your fingers angrily on the desk?

>I have three Debian machines here, and they're rebooting quite
>frequently on almost exactly the same irregular schedule.  The time
>between reboots has ranged from 11 to 70 hours over the past couple of
>weeks.  There are occasional anomalies, but the time between reboots is
>usually identical to within a minute on the three machines.

[snip

>Can someone suggest some other things that I should look at?

Could it be malicious attacks, either from behind or beyond the
firewall?

Mysterious cron job?

Power outages?

Are the machines overheating, forcing the motherboards on-board
management to shut them down?

Perhaps you have an NT administrator at loose in the building, trying
to log in to the machines?

[Yes, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel here]

Rob Wilderspin
--
"But I need it to crash once every few days -
reboots are the only chance I get to sleep..."