Re: Please clarify...

On 16 Jun 98 17:39:36 GMT, Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de wrote:

>There is the package "cruft" in slink, which will compare dpkg's databases
>with the installed files and print the differences (taking a lot of further
>input into account).

It sounds like cruft does much the same as the "verify" script found
in RPM packages (in effect), in that it checks to see that the files
installed from the package are still there.  Am I right in saying
that?

Rob Wilderspin
--
"But I need it to crash once every few days -
reboots are the only chance I get to sleep..."