RE: Mysterious frequent crashes due to incompetence, lies, and h

On 18-Jun-98 Autumn wrote:
> Eureka!

Well done! It looked pretty mysterious in the first instance.

> Eric: You were correct.  To my chagrin, there was in fact an NT administrator
> loose in the building, gnawing at the wires, and telling me lies.  He told
> me, for example, that the three machines in question were _not_ on the same
> UPS, and that other non-linux machines _were_ on the same UPS as some of the
> rebooting machines.  As I should have suspected immediately, he was lying to
> cover some more heinous scheme.  His evil plan has been exposed, and the
> people are all following the most excellent path once again.

This looks like "Let's sabotage Linux by plugging the Linux machines into the
dodgy PS and pretending they all crash while NT machines on the same PSs
keep going". Please attach said person to the faulty PS (I think we want a bit
of on/off here) and report his crash rate ...

Anyway, good detective work, in spotting the synchrony. We're all glad to have
been of some help in resolving this threat to world peace.

Best wishes,
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <Ted.Harding@nessie.mcc.ac.uk>
Date: 18-Jun-98                                       Time: 18:26:59