X11 not installing on debian 2.0

I'm having trouble getting x11 to work properly in Debian 2.0.  I did a
custom install of Debian, and selected all available options, including
xwindows. When I type xdm, or startx, I get the following message:

can't load library 'libxmu.so.6'

When I go to the x11 directory, and try the man page, I get the
following error:

can't load library 'libc.so.5'

I can't find packages for either of these libraries in dselect, while
connecting to ftp.debian.org.   Is there something that I'm doing wrong,
or a way to configure xwindows that I should be doing?

Is there another resource that I should be reading to figure this kind
of thing all out?

Thanks,

Brian Morgan