Re: auctex not happening

Mark Phillips wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've recently upgraded to hamm.  The auctex package installed fine,
> but it doesn't seem to start up when I use emacs!
>
> Previously when I loaded a latex document into emacs, it would
> automatically go into auctex mode.  Now when I do it, it goes into a
> non-auctex, tex mode.  I can do a M-x latex-mode, but this is a non-auctex
> latex mode.  Why can't emacs see auctex - what do I have to do to activate
> it?

I got the same thing.  I upgraded to hamm some time ago, and auctex has
worked all right until now.  Hadn't noticed it before, possibly because
classes are over.  Anyway, a fix is to put (require 'tex-site) in your
.emacs file.  I believe this qualifies as a Debian bug (for the auctex
package?).

Noel
--
Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.
		-- Groucho Marx