Re: PPP problem

>> I also don't have device driver for Sound Blaster.  I tried using MAKEDEV,
>> but I don't have any docs.  Can someone who got his/her SB to work tell me
>> what to do?
>> Thx in advance :)

 You'll need to have the sound drivers enabled, either as modules (the stock
 kernels come with there, right, anybody?) or compiled in the kernel.
 You have these, right ? After these you can start worrying about the devices.

 At worst case you'll need isapnptools (if it is a pnp card) to initialize the
 card at boot and compile the kernel to match your hardware. Don't worry,
 it's not that hard, but there are a couple pitholes. Please read all the sound
 documentation from /usr/doc/HOWTO and from kernel sources,
 (/usr/src/[path to the kernel sources]/Documentation or /usr/src...
 /sound/..)

		--j