Re: 1 SCSI & 1 IDE hdd w/LILO

>> Yo-
>>
>> I just added a SCSI drive to my computer.  I now have a 4.3g SCSI and a
>> 2.1g IDE.  I have moved Debian to /dev/sda1 and I have installed Winblows
>> on the IDE (/dev/hda1) so I can play StarCraft and Unreal.  I have had no
>> luck with LILO.  It will boot to Debian no problem but I can't get Windows
>> to start.  When I see the LILO: prompt and hit tab I get both choices but
>> when I type "Win95" it just blinks and shows the LILO: prompt again.  Any
>> ideas?

 Humm ho!

 You might just have one of those motherboards that cannot boot from the ide
 drive, if there is scsi drive installed. Check your bios settings (most not so old
 clone/standard/whatever mb's have options to boot from scsi/ide/etc.).

 What mb / machine do you have ?

 Then if your mb supports to boot from ide instead of scsi, I think you can
 install lilo into the ide drive's mbr and boot Linux and 95 from there.

>> Here is my lilo.conf:
>>
>> boot=/dev/hda
>> root=/dev/sda1
>> compact
>> install=/boot/boot.b
>> map=/boot/map
>> vga=normal
>> delay=20
>> image=/vmlinuz
>> label=Linux
>> append="mem=96M"
>> read-only
>> other=/dev/hda1
>>         label=Win95
>>         table=/dev/hda

 I think this is correct.

 	--j, wondering when his IBM DVGS drive will arrive.