Re: PPP problem

> Every time I try to connect to my internet provider I am able to establish
> the connection, but after like 5-10 seconds prog reports something like:
> cannot find ethernet address for system ARP.  I have tried everything, but
> can't get it to work.  Why is it even looking for ethernet address? I
> am using PPP over TCP/IP.  Can someone please tell me what am I doing
> wrong?

check in /etc/ppp/options (or something like that,i'm running on slink and
it's different than in 1.3.1),there a line marked proxyarp,put a # before
this.

> I also don't have device driver for Sound Blaster.  I tried using MAKEDEV,
> but I don't have any docs.  Can someone who got his/her SB to work tell me
> what to do?
> Thx in advance :)

run /dev/MAKEDEV update,if you have the sound blaster driver enabled,it
will include it in your /dev directory,here an excerpt from the manpage:

       update Run MAKEDEV in update mode. This reads the list  of
              devices currently available from /proc/devices, and
              updates all entries in /dev  to  match  the  device
              numbers found there.

if you want to know more,run: man MAKEDEV

Alain