telnet port 25

Hello all,

I try the command to test my email connection 'telnet localhost 25', but
it gives me the error:

Trying 127.0.0.1...

However, I have '127.0.0.1	localhost' entry in my /etc/hosts file.
Another problem is that I have troubles download email from my ISP using
fetchmail, it gives me the error

fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Pop server at pisces.hkstar.com signing off.
fetchmail: normal termination, status 0

I have recently upgrade to 1.3.1 r8. Is the upgrade causing the problem?

Anthony

"We have not succeeded in answering all our problems. The answers we have
found only serve to raise a whole set of new questions. In some ways we
feel we are as confused as ever, but we believe we are confused on a
higher level and about more important things."
            Posted outside the mathematics reading room, Tromso University