Re: Drive proving stubbornly unmountable

On Mon, 01 Jun 1998, Damon Muller wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>Just got around to installing Bo on my old Pentium 150, and it's pretty
>much working (give or take a few minor issues...)
>
>One thing has got me a little cofused, and maybe it's me doing something
>wrong (prolly is)... I have a 1.2G drive in it which was formated as FAT
>under NT4, and works quite nicely under Win95 as a VFAT drive. It works
>in this machine, because it was Win95 before it became Debian.
>
>I can't get this drive to mount, using the command below.
>
>rei# mount -t vfat /dev/hdc1 /mnt
>mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc1,
>       or too many mounted file systems
>
>According to cfdisk, it is there, as shown below...
>
>    Name        Flags         Part Type      FS Type                  Size (MB)
>                              Pri/Log        Free Space                    0.50
>    /dev/hdc1                 Primary        Win95 Extended (LBA)       1221.12
>
>Anyone have any suggestions? What am I missing?
>
>Thanks,
>
>damon

Possible error sources are :
		-the partition was never made a vfat partition by
		  Windows95, but is still a fat partition
		-your kernel does not support the vfat fs
Try mounting it as a fat partition or check whether your kernel supports vfat.
If it does not, you can either recompile it with vfat support or load the
appropriate module.

--
Stone's Law:
	One man's "simple" is another man's "huh?"