Re: fvwm window "shadows" don't move...

> Hello:

> On problem, though, is as follows:
> 	I'm using fvwm2 as a window manager under XFree86.  When I
> click and hold the left mouse button on a window "handle" or title
> bar, and move the mouse the window stays in place, and only the
> crosshair moves, which makes it hard to determine where the window
> will actually land.  I copied my old fvwm2rc and XF86Config files from
> my old slackware system, and on that setup, when I moved a window, the
> border of the window would move around with the crosshair, so I could
> get a better feel for where the window would land.

     I use fvwm2 on a (still bo) system at work.  If the Xserver
(s3virge) is running in 8 bpp the border moves with the cursor; in
16 bpp it doesn't.  I haven't had the time to investigate it further.
Is this a limitation of the server, or a configuration problem?

-Chris

--
|   Dr. Christopher D. Judd                                              |