Re: fvwm window "shadows" don't move...

On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 11:19:02AM -0500, the lone gunman wrote:
> On problem, though, is as follows:
> 	I'm using fvwm2 as a window manager under XFree86.  When I
> click and hold the left mouse button on a window "handle" or title
> bar, and move the mouse the window stays in place, and only the
> crosshair moves, which makes it hard to determine where the window
> will actually land.  I copied my old fvwm2rc and XF86Config files from

In your .fvwm2/post.hook add:

  OpaqueMoveSize 100
  XORvalue 255

Any window up to 100% of the total screen area will be moved opaquely. I
don't know what happens when you move a window larger than the screen.
XORvalue is used when resizing the windows with the rubber bands.

I'm actually using the debian .fvwm2 hooks, if you aren't, I think you
can add it to your .fvwm2rc.

--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee@sectionIV.com (preferred)
Alantro Communications       lee@alantro.com