Re: fvwm window "shadows" don't move...

On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 11:19:02AM -0500, the lone gunman wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I just installed Debian/GNU 1.3.1, I've got pretty much everything
> going as I want it.
>
> On problem, though, is as follows:
> 	I'm using fvwm2 as a window manager under XFree86.  When I
> click and hold the left mouse button on a window "handle" or title
> bar, and move the mouse the window stays in place, and only the
> crosshair moves, which makes it hard to determine where the window
> will actually land.  I copied my old fvwm2rc and XF86Config files from
> my old slackware system, and on that setup, when I moved a window, the
> border of the window would move around with the crosshair, so I could
> get a better feel for where the window would land.
> 	Basically, I'd like to have that border back, because it's
> kinda hard to judge where a window will land with just the crosshair.
> Even better, I'd like to have the entire window move with the
> crosshair, but either way is okay.
> 	Anybody know how I can get this feature to work?

You probably just have XORvalue set to a bad value, try adding this to
~/.fvwm2rc:

XORvalue 16777215

> Thanks in advance,
> Eagerly awaiting Debian 2.0,

As are we all :-)

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Debian Linux  http://www.debian.org  The superior Linux distribution