Re: xemacs splits mail

Stefan Gödel <goedel@mail.deuba.com> writes:
SG> I'm using VM. Does this really matter? I always felt that reading
SG> and writing / sending of mail are very distinct from each other
SG> (at least in xemacs). I'm using the usual mail mode with mime
SG> extensions to write my mail.

I'm not sure how different Gnus is from the rest of the world.  To be
more precise, I know very little about vm and rmail (they exist).  If
you're using the tm package with vm, though, you might look at the
(IMHO, rather poor) Info documentation on tm.  I think you can use the
`mime-editor/set-split' command (C-c C-x /) to control whether tm will
split a large attachment into 1000-line parts or not.

--
/                             \       "Dad was reading a book called