Re: does KDE need Xserver-vga16 (or any X server for that mather)

> > stable/binary-i386/x11/xserver-vga16_3.3-4.deb
>
> You also need AT LEAST one server.  Install the vga16 server as well as one
> of the others for your video card (which one depends on your video card, X
> servers are hardware dependant)
>
> The vga16 server comes with XF86Setup, a "nice" (not really) GUI config
> program.  It's much nicer (REALLY) than xf86config, and will be easier for
> you to use.  Once you have configured your X server, you can install KDE.

i can only use this server ('till i change graphic card),i'll not need
either XF86Setup and xf86config,i have a backup of the X config files i
modified (and that was when i was running KDE on X so it doesn't change
here).

> > p.s.i'm running debian 1.3.1
>
> You'd be wise to use hamm for this I think, but it should be at least
> possible with bo.

except some gripe (atribuable to both my keyboard who's never configured
but fine enough as is and the state of the KDE bug,but they're not
critical and i reboot far less than when i was running win95).

Alain