Re: Diskless Debian, Shared /usr, etc...

On Sat, May 02, 1998 at 10:57:39AM -0700, Jim Pick wrote:
> I use Joost's nfsroot package, which sets most of the stuff up.  It's
> a good start - but You still need to do a fair amount of hacking to
> get it to work.
>
> I think the package got wiped out by the latest freeze, so you need to
> fetch the source out of /project/orphaned.

Thanks -- that was an excellent idea.  I had to massage nfsroot into
working with libc6, but it was a great starting point.  My client is
now taking up 2100K -- not bad.

I also found a WaveLAN packet driver and burned a boot ROM using the
netboot package.  It works!  How exciting...  :)

Jeff