Re: Which Linux should I install?

Leonardo Ruoso wrote:

> Oh thanks... not so confuse... so usefull. But I know it's dificult lo
> learn all in a couple of minutes far away from the information.

yes it is true...it takes a while to switch the thinking from "windows mode" to
"linux mode"alot of things work under a differnt set of concepts...but hell...
I am glad I didn't confuse you...I confused myself on that one :)

>         thanks anyway

no problem at all :)

> p.s. I will install a linux machine at work and start to experiment.

always better to satrt on expendable machines rather than ruin your home PC
:)hopefully you will be addicted soon :)

> I'm
> not sure about RH or Debian. It's because here in Brazil Debian is not
> used a lot. No local support or consultant.

If youa re new RedHat i snice....I am using debian now tho...in general I think
debian is better..and for tech suport...
this mailing list is here ...ive gotten much better
suport off of this list than anywhere else when I have needed it
thats one of the things (IMHO) that makes linux stronger than NT  or most orther
platforms...its the community...people together willing to help out and share
-Steve
--
True story signature:
I once challenged a NT-loving co-worker to a test: We each take a PC and a person

with no computer knowledge. The test is to see which new user can be taught and
setup a PC from scratch with no previous knowledge a Webserver and DNS server. My

"student" would use Linux and his NT 4.0. He accepted but then called the
challenge
tottally unfair when I suggested we use identical 486sx 25 MHz computers with 8
MB
of RAM. Can somebody tell me why that is unfair?