Re: smail help required [urgentish]

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@rising.com.au> writes:

> Will exim support different alias files for different domains?  I've
> got the hideous smail method for doing that installed -- duplicating
> the configuration files in another directory and using dodgy
> transports.  This is an important requirement here.

I believe it will.  You just need multiple directors, each one
handling a different domain.  exim will take the answer from whichever
director has one.  From the info pages:

   * If an address is local, it is passed to each configured director
     in turn until one is able to handle it. If none can, the address
     is failed. Directors can be targeted at particular local domains,
     so several local domains can be processed entirely independently
     of each other.

Is that what you meant?

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>