smail help required [urgentish]

I just upgraded to smail 3.2.0.101-3, something I've been dreading.
With good reason; even though I haven't enabled any anti-SPAM
features it says nobody is allowed to send it mail.

Can someone please help me urgently :-)

I have disabled my smail for now -- please reply
to moffatt@cs.rmit.edu.au as in the reply-to.

thanks,
Hamish

# This is the main Smail configuration file.
# It was originally generated by `smailconfig', part of the Smail package
# distributed with Debian, but it may edited by the mail system administrator.
# This file originally generated by smailconfig at Sat Nov 16 16:25:33 EST 1996
# See smail(5) for details of the things that can be configured here.
# NB max_message_size is currently ignored (Smail 3.1.28)

visible_name=rising.com.au
domains=rising.com.au
hostnames=yodeller.rising.com.au:rising.com.au:mail.rising.com.au:www.rising.com.au:risingsoftware.com

max_load_ave=5
smtp_accept_max=20
smtp_accept_queue=10
rfc1413_query_timeout=15

require_configs
-second_config_file
-qualify_file
-retry_file
copying_file=/usr/doc/copyright/smail
max_message_size=10M

received_field="Received: \
    ${if def:sender_host\
       {from $sender_host ${if def:sender_host_addr ([$sender_host_addr]) }}\
       {${if def:sender_host_addr:from [$sender_host_addr] }}}\
    by $primary_name\n\t\
    ${if def:sender_proto: with $sender_proto }\
    ${if def:ident_sender:(ident $ident_sender using $ident_method) }\
    id $message_id\n\t\
    (Debian $version_string); $spool_date"

# Debian Config Version 2.1
#               ----------Begin-----------
# You really should know what you do here!
#WARNING:  You will have to add a correct local definition for
#        smtp_remote_allow if you have many local networks, or unset it
#        if you wish to disable this feature (default).
#WARNING:  The current implementation of this feature blocks
#        relay from incoming SMTP to *any* outgoing transport.  This
#        means that even UUCP gateways require explicit permission if
#        this feature is enabled.
# it's off by default, so all hosts can relay mails over this host.
# example to switch it on, and allow relay from localnet hosts:
# normally it's not wrong to turn this on ...
#smtp_remote_allow=localnet

#       This flag tells smail to verify the hostnames given in
#       HELO or EHLO SMTP commands.
# it's off by default
# example to switch it on:
#+smtp_hello_verify

# more  helo/ehlo verify switches, see manpages for details
#smtp_hello_verify_literal
#smtp_hello_verify_ptr

#       A colon-separated list of host IP patterns that are
#       allowed to deliver mail even though they have broken
#       DNS or give incorrect or invalid HELO or EHLO SMTP
#       greetings.
# it's off by default, which mean smtp_hello_broken_allow=*
# example to switch it on:
#smtp_hello_broken_allow=192.168.100.*

# Vixie / MAPS RBL (http://maps.vix.com/rbl)
# switch to turn on the Mail Abuse Protection System (MAPS)
# it's off by default
# example to switch it on:
#+vixie_rbl
#vixie_rbl_force_allow="192.168.100.10:[your local ip#]"

# Do not do dns lookups for MAIL FROM: address
# This is debian-Smail only feature... it WILL BE DELETED in the future
# It's only use is for local systems with no working dns System
# It's off by default
# example to switch it on:
#+smtp_sender_verify

--
Hamish Moffatt       Mobile: +61 412 011 176       hamish@rising.com.au

Rising Software Australia Pty. Ltd.
Developers of music education software including Auralia & Musition.
31 Elmhurst Road, Blackburn, Victoria Australia, 3130
Phone: +61 3 9894 4788  Fax: +61 3 9894 3362  USA Toll Free: 1-888-667-7839
Internet: http://www.rising.com.au/