Re: Some odd errors / compatibility questions.

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@rising.com.au> writes:

> As I understand it, Pentium-class systems need 64-bit wide RAM;
> if you're using SIMMs, the 72-pin ones are only 32-bits wide, which is
> why you need them in pairs. Hence, you would not expect it to be an error
> at a certain address, because both SIMMs are used equally, effectively
> interleaved.

	Yes, but if I boot linux mem=16M, it's rock-stable.  Something's
funky with the upper 16Mb addressing, either in the CPU or the board.
Both have been sent back for replacement.  *sigh*

	If I had 4-8Mb SIMMs to try, I'd give them a shot just for
grins.

--
Cerebus <tmill06@ibm.net>