Re: Some odd errors / compatibility questions.

>> tmill06@ibm.net (Timothy J. Miller) writes:
>>
>> > 	So I swapped the sticks.  The memory test *still* failed at
>> > 11Mb.  Reenabled the cache and it still fails at 11Mb.
>>
>> 	*sigh* Failed at *17Mb*.  Succeeded at *16Mb*.  I *will* remember
>> to calculate in HEX, I *will* remember to calculate in HEX, I *will*
>> remember to calculate in HEX...
>>
>> 	This now points me toward a bad socket.  All the pins look good,
>> but that's not likely to mean anything anyway.  Memory failures at SIMM
>> boundaries make me suspicious...

 I remeber some old ATI vga cards using some sort of framebuffer that
 begun at 16Mb, and you couldn't use more than that with them.

 Also some groovy simms (something like 6-chips, 8Mb, no parity) can do this.

 Just exactly what kind of MB you were using?

 	--j