Re: Some odd errors / compatibility questions.

tmill06@ibm.net (Timothy J. Miller) writes:

> 	So I swapped the sticks.  The memory test *still* failed at
> 11Mb.  Reenabled the cache and it still fails at 11Mb.

	*sigh* Failed at *17Mb*.  Succeeded at *16Mb*.  I *will* remember
to calculate in HEX, I *will* remember to calculate in HEX, I *will*
remember to calculate in HEX...

	This now points me toward a bad socket.  All the pins look good,
but that's not likely to mean anything anyway.  Memory failures at SIMM
boundaries make me suspicious...

	At any rate, mem=16M is certainly better than mem=8M-- at least
until I can replace the board.

--
Cerebus <tmill06@ibm.net>