Re: smbclient interface

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Remco van de Meent wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Mar 1998, Paul Miller wrote:
>
>  :
>  : Is there a smbclient interface that is something like mc's ftp interface?
>
> Nope, at least not that I'm aware of.

I use "rumba" on top of samba. Its functionality is to mount drives such
that they appear as nfs-mounted filesystems. Then, you can run mc or
Emacs
dired or whatever file manager you like. You can "cd" to the mounted
directories, etc.

I think that samba+rumba gives you what the kernel smbfs gives you,
except
samba+rumba runs in user space. Someday I'll switch...

...RickM...