Re: smail help required [urgentish]

On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 01:51:20PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> I just upgraded to smail 3.2.0.101-3, something I've been dreading.
> With good reason; even though I haven't enabled any anti-SPAM
> features it says nobody is allowed to send it mail.
>
> Can someone please help me urgently :-)
>
> I have disabled my smail for now -- please reply
> to moffatt@cs.rmit.edu.au as in the reply-to.
>
> thanks,
> Hamish

The debian version of smail is configured, so that any antispam feature
are disabled by default .....

urgs .. maybe there is something going wrong with inetd.conf or with the
daemon mode ...

please take a look at /etc/inetd.conf if the smtp field is disabled.
If it is and you want to run smail thru inetd then delete the # infront of
it ...

it should look like
smtp   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/sbin/tcpd  /usr/sbin/in.smtpd

regards
	Soenke