What's the cheapest SCSI board supported?

I've got a spare TEAC data cassette tape drive that I'd like to connect up
and use for backups which generates two questions...

1. Am I likely to find that this tape drive will work for backups?

2. What's the cheapest SCSI board I can add that will work for this
purpose... and ideally maybe allow some other devices in the future?

I found an Adaptec AVA 1505 at Fry's for about $64.   There was some clone
cheaper, but would have cost more because I'd have need a special cable.
Is this Adaptec card going to work?

Thoughts and suggestions gladly accepted...

--
Glenn Tenney KOTJ
The email address has been changed since spam is not allowed here, but you