Re: Dual Booting Win NT and Debian

On Wed, Mar 18, 1998 at 02:36:56PM -0000, Tristan Day <that's you!> wrote:
> After going through the 'NT OS Loader + Linux mini-HOWTO,' I managed to dual
> boot Linux and NT, but only using a boot floppy for Linux. Although I am
> pleased that this time I installed Debian it didn't lock me out of NT, I
> still want to dual-boot from my hard drive as promised by the HOWTO.
>
> I have copied the bootsector using
> dd if-/dev/hda6 of=bootsect.lnx bs=512 count=1
> and put it onto my c: drive, and put the line
> C:\BOOTSECT.LNX="Linux"

This never worked for me. I suggested getting BOOTPART (BOOTPA20.ZIP)
and using that, it will set it up for you and can also set up booting
both 95 and DOS separately from the menu, FreeBSD etc.

It doesn't copy the boot sector from your Linux partition but puts
a redirector one in instead as C:\BOOTSECT.LNX.

hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt       Mobile: +61 412 011 176       hamish@rising.com.au

Rising Software Australia Pty. Ltd.
Developers of music education software including Auralia & Musition.
31 Elmhurst Road, Blackburn, Victoria Australia, 3130
Phone: +61 3 9894 4788  Fax: +61 3 9894 3362  USA Toll Free: 1-888-667-7839
Internet: http://www.rising.com.au/