Re: What's the cheapest SCSI board supported?

On Mon, 16 Mar 1998, Glenn Tenney KOTJ wrote:

> 2. What's the cheapest SCSI board I can add that will work for this
> purpose... and ideally maybe allow some other devices in the future?
>
> I found an Adaptec AVA 1505 at Fry's for about $64.   There was some clone
> cheaper, but would have cost more because I'd have need a special cable.
> Is this Adaptec card going to work?
>
> Glenn Tenney KOTJ

> The email address has been changed since spam is not allowed here, but you
> can figure it out...

Glenn

Email address: :) thanks for mentioning it - saved me a bounce, I hope.

Adaptec AVA 1505? I can't help there. I'm still using 2.027 and 2.029
kernels. Those sources don't mention a 1505. The AVA refers to the BIOS
on the card, unless I am badly mistaken. I grep'ed for 1505 in the
kernel source directory, in /usr/src/kernel-source-xxxx/drivers/scsi/*
Your card should be mentioned there if the driver supports your card.

Hope this helps.

Now MY quesion: How can I get Frye's mail address or web page. Web
searches on obvious strings don't yield a web page nor an email address.

--David