Re: lp devices

> bash: /dev/lp0: No such device or address

If I understand it correctly, the above line says that you do not have the
parallel port device.
You must have a parallel port device (/dev/lp?) in order to use a printer that
is attached to the hardware parallel port.
What does
	ls /dev/lp*
says ?
You can create the /dev/lp0 device using the MAKEDEV from the /dev directory,
but it seems strange to me that you don't have it from the beginning.
It might be that I am missing something.