Re: HELP: Newbie needs help with crash

On  5 Mar, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> If you have only the one machine, you are stuck, because X won't let you switch
> to a virtual terminal to do this.

For the future crashes(not that should be any), you could get the
joystick module and the jsr_daemon program.  This allows you to perform
two different functions by pushing the two joystick buttons in different
patterns.  I have it set for reboot or to kill xdm.  The joystick debian
package is compiled for 2.0.27 and 2.0.30 but if you grab the source you
can compile it for your current kernel. I have it compiled for 2.0.33 if
you want.  The jsr_daemon is not Debianized(that I know of) you can find
it at your local Sunsite mirror.

--
Brian