Re: dselect nfs question

Nathan E Norman wrote:

> This question is overly vague; sorry ...
>
> I started playing with nfs today (nothing like a little excitement on a
> friday).  I've got a 9 gig partition on a BSDI box, which holds my ftp
> mirror of debian, among other things.  I want to be able to do local
> installs via nfs.  So I fought my way through BSDI nfs config, and I can
> now mount the filesystem on most any server I choose.  So far, so good.
>
> However, when I choose the 'nfs' method from dselect, it says my BSDI
> box isn't an nfs server.  I think this has something to do with RPC.  My
> guess is that Linux and BSDI are using different versions of RPC.

Nope.. that shouldn't metter.. nfs is nfs.

> I'm sure if I read the right fm I can figure this out, but I'm a bit
> lost here - I've never delved into nfs or RPC at all :/  Any pointers as
> to which fm's to r?

Just curious, if this is a virgin install, did you choose to install
the nfs module? You need nfs support into kernel to be able to nfs
mount anything. If this is a working installation, try running
"showmount -e your.nfs.server.com" and see what it says.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
	   "It takes more hot water to make cold water hot