dselect nfs question

This question is overly vague; sorry ...

I started playing with nfs today (nothing like a little excitement on a
friday).  I've got a 9 gig partition on a BSDI box, which holds my ftp
mirror of debian, among other things.  I want to be able to do local
installs via nfs.  So I fought my way through BSDI nfs config, and I can
now mount the filesystem on most any server I choose.  So far, so good.

However, when I choose the 'nfs' method from dselect, it says my BSDI
box isn't an nfs server.  I think this has something to do with RPC.  My
guess is that Linux and BSDI are using different versions of RPC.

I'm sure if I read the right fm I can figure this out, but I'm a bit
lost here - I've never delved into nfs or RPC at all :/  Any pointers as
to which fm's to r?

TIA,

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104