Re: HELP: Got in security trouble.

Hi,
>>"Ossama" == Ossama Othman <othman@astrosun.tn.cornell.edu> writes:

>> : Who is right and who is wrong?  I would have to say neither.
>> Each of us : is entitled to their own interpretation.
>>
>> Sure.  You're entitled to any interpretation you please, but that
>> doesn't make you "right".  Take a look at the jargon file.

Ossama> Hey, I agree that the term "hacker" is misused.  However, just
Ossama> because something is in some jargon file doesn't make it right
Ossama> either.  History books, for example, are many times right from
Ossama> the author's point of view but may be completely incorrect
Ossama> from the point of view of the people that the history book
Ossama> describes.

Ossama> You say "potato", I say "POTATO."  (Need some voice e-mail for
Ossama> this one :P)

	However, if those of us who like to think of ourselves as
 hackers in the traditional sense of the word (and I;m talking
 computer tradition) take exception to your lumping us with egregious
 criminal miscreants, and flame you to a crisp, would that be fine
 too?

Ossama> Again, I do agree with you on the misuse of the term hacker.
Ossama> (This is just a preventative measure on my part so that I
Ossama> don`t nailed with flames...heh.)

	Too late.

	manoj

--
 "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." Ken
 Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment