Re: Lyx, StarOffice, & word [was Re: Win95 and Linux:

It was with interest that I read Richard E. Hawkins Esq.'s comments about
Lynx and StarOffice.

I have tried Lyx a few times since I began using Linux about 2 years ago
and every time gave up on it because I could not find documentation gave
answers to a lot of questions on how to use it.

I do not know for example how to produce text in Lyx like "môre reën dit".
Doing it using Emacs and Latex is easy and I know one is supposed to be
able to do it in Lyx even using Latex functions, but so far I could not
find clear explanations on how to do it or how to use Latex functions in

When I try to read the FAQ, it ends after a few pages with the remark:

The remainder of the document is Incomplete.

I was wandering whether anyone could use Lyx for anything serious.  Are
there proper documentation somewhere?

Johann Spies

Windsorlaan 19
Suid Afrika (South Africa)