Re: divide the list in beginners and advanced

On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

>  - Trim the post that you are quoting.

Is there a way to trim the header size? - maybe at debian.org?
Most posts are 2-3k, but nearly all of this is in the headers.
I guess 2-3k isn't much, but it definately mounts up.
If the headers could be trimmed, say one kilobyte, this would chop most
messages by half!

I went away for a week and when I come back I had about 2megs of
messages.

Also, should I normally Cc messages to the person I am repling to? They
would normally be subscribed anyway, but many of you Cc replies anyway.

-Tim

---
Debian/GNU Linux... the maintainable operating system. http://www.debian.org