Re: divide the list in beginners and advanced

George Bonser wrote:

>                            so there is no benefit from splitting them.

> On Tue, 13 Jan 1998, Irmund Thum wrote:
>
> >              Here in Europe we have to pay for our Internet-connections,
> > means beside the phone bill there is an online charging as well.

I think part of the solution is:

 - Think before you post.  Is the contribution useful, or another `me too' ?

 - Trim the post that you are quoting.  If you reply to a message you got
   30 minutes ago, odds are that you don't need to quote all of it to reply
   to it.  This would make messages shorter and faster for people to
   download.

 - If my answer is marginal at best, I often wait a few hours or a day to
   see if someone posts a better one.
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist             <galbraith@mixing.qc.dfo.ca>
Maurice-Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada