Re: divide the list in beginners and advanced

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, Tim Thomson wrote:

> Also, should I normally Cc messages to the person I am repling to? They
> would normally be subscribed anyway, but many of you Cc replies anyway.

I prefer that people cc replies to me,  as well as sending them directly
to the list.  The reason for this is that I'm subscribed to debian-devel,
debian-user,  debian-doc,  kde-user,  kde-devel,  fd-devel,  and about
fifteen other linux lists.  I use procmail to sort out incoming mail,
and the stuff that's sent to/from lists ends up in "debian",  "freedos",
"kde" folders.  Stuff that's send to me (ala a cc in a reply) ends up in
my inbox.  I peruse the mailinglist folders when I get time, but read the
stuff in INBOX immediately -- so if you're directing something to me via
the list,  I won't read it until I read through the mailinglist folders,
which might be hours or even a few days later.
                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |