Re: "Networking" Windows 95 And Debain

Carl,

If you make the connection from the Debian box, it should be quite easy,
using slip to connect each to the other via the null modem cable.  Win95
can be set up as a gateway with either Wingate or Trumpet Firesock, but
they are difficult to deal with.  I am not sure if it is possible to have
both dial-up networking and another slip connection simultaneously with
Win95--I attempted to do this once, but was unsuccessful.  If you have
spare parallel ports, plip would be another possibility and would provide
better performance than the null modem connection.

Bob

----
Tucson, AZ                  AMPRnet:  w6swe@01.w6swe.ampr.org
                            http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen