Re: reply:StarOffice,printing and dj, again!

tony mollica wrote:
> Jens.  Here's a twist.  I've attached a short text file clipped from
> the Linux Printing Howto.  Apparently, the input filter is not run
> when printing to remote printers.  The clip describes setting up a
> double print queue in order to run the input filter, but still no
> luck.  I'm not sure I understand what needs to be done to make the
> double queue work properly.  Have you seen any setup like the one in
> the clip before?

Ah, now it all makes sense. Set up /etc/printcap like this:

Now you'll create a script, call it /usr/sbin/dj550c-filter-2-hp870-real
and make it like so:

/usr/sbin/dj550c-filter $* | lpr -Php870-real -U$5

You also need to do this:

mkdir /var/spool/lpd/hp870-real
chown lp.lp /var/spool/lpd/hp870-real
chmod 775 /var/spool/lpd/hp870-real

Then restart lpd and you should be in business!

Jens B. Jorgensen

debian-user-request@lists.debian.org .