Re: ssh and shosts file

On Mon, Dec 08, 1997 at 09:34:10AM -0500, Dale Martin wrote:
> And, if you still have problems, study the output of "ssh -v" very closely.
> It's about the only way to figure out what's wrong when ssh is unhappy.

Hmmm. Just tried this. ssh -v tells me that remote rhosts authentication
was disabled due to bad perms on my home directory at the other end,
but my directory is "drwxrwx--x", which is perfectly correct
(group read/write/execute due to Debian's use of user groups,
and world execute for public_html access). Is this an ssh bug?

Hamish